Total Subscribers: 54
Mythic Game Master Emulator Second Edition
from Word Mill Games
Play any role-playing game solo or without a Game Master!
Mythic's oracle-style question resolution system revolutionized solo role-playing. The Second Edition of the Mythic Game Master Emulator updates the ground-breaking 2003 ruleset with essential new additions, a wide range of options to customize your adventures, and numerous refinements.
Mythic Game Master Emulator Second Edition can be used with any role-playing system to replace the Game Master, or played on its own without another RPG.
This new edition contains:
- A revised and simplified Fate Chart for faster and more intuitive Fate Question resolution.
- The new Fate Check system, receive answers without a chart.
- Numerous rules refinements and enhancements taking into account two decades worth of Mythic player experiences.
- Many options for fine-tuning Mythic to get the kind of role-playing experience you want.
- 47 Meaning Tables to add just the right detail to your adventures when you need it.
The module is designed to be accessible to new players while also offering current players an updated and richer Mythic experience.
How does it work?
Mythic emulates a Game Master by using a few key concepts:
- A Yes/No question and answer mechanic.
- Random Events that add surprises.
- Meaning Tables that offer inspirational prompts for important details.
- Lists tracking important goals and characters which are randomly selected when called for.
- Scene structure to give your adventure form and order.
- A Chaos Factor that changes the tempo of the adventure as you play.
Everything is guided by your expectations and interpretations based on the ongoing Context. This makes sure the adventure continues in a coherent fashion while still allowing for twists and subversions that keep things exciting.
What's changed in this edition?
While the rules have been completely rewritten most of the core concepts of Mythic remain while much has been added or refined. Here is a summary of the biggest changes:
- THE FATE CHART: Odds have been slightly simplified and some of their titles changed to give a more intuitive feel. The table itself has been redesigned to also make it more intuitive.
- THE FATE CHECK: Answer Questions without the chart. This version has been updated from Mythic Variations II to make it feel more like the Fate Chart.
- CHOICES: Mythic GME Second Edition gives more power to Player choices.
- LISTS: List management is more dynamic.
- ELEMENTS MEANING TABLES: In addition to the Actions and Descriptions Meaning Tables there are 45 Elements Meaning Tables that are more specifically themed. This gives you the option to choose a Meaning Table that is most relevant to the current Context.
- OPTIONS: There are a lot of options throughout Second Edition, more ways for you to customize your Mythic experience to get the kind of game you want.
- REFINEMENTS: This edition contains numerous changes and refinements to make Mythic play smoother and more dynamic.
Happy adventuring! :)